- This event has passed.
Commonwealth Club BBQ & Chili Extravaganza
October 11, 2015 @ 1:00 pm - 7:00 pm
The club’s family-friendly BBQ & Chili shindig is coming up at 1 p.m. this Sunday, Oct. 11. Bring friends and neighbors, too:
We need some volunteers for the set up at 10 a.m., as well as a few hands for the take down when the smoke clears. In between, we’re talking sunshine and temps in the high 60s — perfect for our outdoor foodfest.
BBQ & Chili Mover & Shaker Mark Menton says:
We are looking to present the club members and their guests with a real barbecue experience by offering authentic dishes prepared by our own pit masters and chefs. If you’re not a big BBQ fan, consider it a massive Jets/Giants tailgate party:
• 8 different examples of chili specialties
• Several styles of brisket
• A whole roasted pig
• A pile of pulled pork
• Stacks of BBQ ribs
• Grilled pizza
• Marinated pork loin
• BBQ wings
• Grilled hot dogs, burgers, chicken and sausages
• Corn on the cob
• Southern-style sides: BBQ beans, potato salad, mac ’n’ cheese, cole slaw and corn bread
• Applegate’s ice cream, baked pies and yummy desserts
• Craft beers and specialty-themed cocktails
• Live music
• NFL football and MLB baseball on our 10 HD screens
• Lots more
So far, we have 12 volunteer cooks to share their specialties. We can always add more, if you have dishes that you would like to include. It’s not a competition, it’s a sampling of great dishes from our membership. The more cooks the merrier.
• It’s a family-friendly event
• Bring friends
Date: October 11
Time: Food served all afternoon, starting at 1 p.m.
Cost: $20 adults and $5 for kids 17-and-under
If you want to participate in cooking or in organizing the event, contact James Cousins at (973-670-3053) or email@example.com.