Rules All Members Need to Know About Use of the Club
- It's your club, and we encourage you to use it.
- We want you to use it responsibly.
- It's not a country club; we don’t have a wait staff.
- Important information about kids:
- No kids are allowed anywhere without adult supervision, particularly the alleys and the pool room.
In the alleys:
- Only one child bowler at a time may be on an approach.
- All food and drinks stay behind the benches or in the bar area. That means no food or drinks on the scoring tables.
- Kids should stay in the carpeted area, unless it’s their turn to bowl.
- No one is allowed in the machine room or boiler room.
- If there is a problem, talk with Sandy.
- If you pay to rent the upstairs space, cleaning services are included. You just have to tidy up and remove your decorations and stuff.
- If you use the lanes or bring some friends over to hang out, great, but it's like bringing them to your home. Before you leave you need to clean up because Sandy is neither your wife nor your maid, and it is not her job to clean up after you. Just like home, putting dirty dishes in the sink isn't cleaning up, washing them is. If the garbage is full or smelly or otherwise nasty, please take it out to the dumpster, even if it isn't all yours.
- If there is a problem or mess you can't handle, let Sandy know immediately. Don't leave it for someone else to find.
- If you bring your kids or someone else’s, great. But you are responsible for them. Keep them off the alleys and don’t allow them to climb on the shuffleboard and pool tables. We have spent thousands of dollars on them and would like them to last. No kid under the age of 12 is allowed to use the pool table.
- Be respectful of rentals. If someone has rented the club, don't go and hang out at the bar or sit in the living room and watch TV. They have priority for the rental time period, except for the members' room, which is always open for your use.. If the club is rented, the alleys may still be open for bowling, but always ask Sandy first.
- Treat Sandy with the utmost respect. As guardian of the club’s interests, she has a very difficult job. If she tells you that you should or should not be doing something, mind her. If she asks who you are, tell her.
- Any food left in the kitchen is Sandy's. Don't take it. Food in any of the refrigerators is private property. The club does not keep a regular supply of food for you when you get hungry. Alternative arrangements can be made through Sandy.
- If members are thirsty, we do supply beer and soda, but pay for it. There are two coolers under the bar that aren't regularly stocked but may contain beer. Beer from these coolers is $2, just like downstairs. There is a cash box inside the top-loading cooler, so please pay for the beer you consume.
- If you bowl, it's $1 per game per person. Pay it. There are envelopes in the front office and on the wall in the alleys. Put what you owe in one and drop it in the office or box on the alley wall. Bowling from 2 p.m.-5 p.m. on Sundays is free.
- All rentals are handled through Sandy. She will provide you with member rental rates and can answer your questions about booking any part of the club. Rentals are not booked until we have a signed contract and paid deposit. If you rent but your plans change, please let Sandy know ASAP so she can open the date for others.
- We do not have set club hours, but be reasonable and be fair. If you’re at the club late at night, please leave quietly at a reasonable hour. If Sandy says it's time to go, it's time to go. If you intend to use the club after 10 p.m but not unreasonably late, call Sandy at 973-746-2984 before you arrive and before 10 p.m.
- Finally, if you see someone doing something that you wouldn't want done in your home, tell him or her. Treat the place like you would want a place of yours treated, because, in fact, it is your place.
(Dec. 10, 2014)